Friday, January 25, 2008

Enough about Stinky Billy, What about praising His name?


James 3:9 & 10

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father,
and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness.
10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing.
My brothers, this should not be.

The book of James is like a dad who spanks you one minute and plays catch right afterward. This passage reminds me of a time where my mother washed my mouth out with a bar of soap. I can admit I sometimes need that bar of soap.

I love God and I praise His name daily but there are times when I pause and say, "Why did I say that." It could be the people I work with or music on the radio. Really, I cannot blame anyone. I believe the mouth is one of the most powerful parts of the body. One minute we are sitting in church singing lovely melodies to our Creator and the next we could be talking about Billy, the stinky kid down the street. I think it all boils down to walking closer with Christ. The more you hang out Him the more you talk like Him and want to be like Him. It sounds cheesy but it's true. That's my prayer for myself and
for you.


LATER

1 comment:

bill said...

my name is billy. and i live down the street. what in crap are you trying say, man?!