Thursday, February 14, 2008

BIG NEWS: Knox-Vegas Forever!!!


Amber and I have decided to stay in Knoxville until ??? I can't leave Crossings. I feel that is where Amber and I need to be. I have applied at many churches around the country but church planting has been on my heart the whole time. I felt like what Mark(pastor) said at Crossings, gave me the final push to stay. I want to step up even more and become a leader. This is a huge step of faith for Amber and I. I have talked with a friend about church planting and we have built a relationship which will hopefully lead us to plant a church in the future if God leads in that direction. Right now I need to develop and pray hard. I feel so relieved and scared about the decision. I know God will pull through. Amber is very supportive and her parents are happy as well. So, there is the news. I am here to stay.

2 comments:

alli said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy knoxville. or at least, yayyyyyyyy you're staying around here. hahaha.

jason said...

crap. i was hoping to take over for you on electric guitar when you left. i was even gonna buy one and start practicing soon. i was totally going to shred it on stage too.

no really, that's great. church planting is a pretty big call. be patient and wait for God's leading. it seems today too many churches are planted simply because a leader decides to start one....rather than waiting for the direction of God to know the place, the time, the name, and the "style" in which God needs a church to be planted.

I love what Rick Warren has to say about all of this in the opening chapters of Purpose Driven Church. It's really eye opening.