Sunday, April 13, 2008

Casserole Conversations


There are so many topics I could blog about, so I am going to talk about a casserole of events happening in my life. Before I begin, I want to unpack this delicious word, casserole. I use this word "casserole" because there are many events or ingredients going on that make up (or bake up)one yummy chunk of my life . Many of you can relate that life does not get simpler when you graduate college. While in college you long for graduation and a time of "freedom." Well, I guess you are kind of free to a certain point but then your career kicks in and then family and then kids and then bills and then health and then... Well, the list goes on.
Anyway, there are many life lessons, which I call the "yuck", that are apart of my casserole. Sometimes you need that "yuck" to allow your casserole to taste right. Its kind of like mixing in the cream of mushroom soup. I love mushrooms but no one eats cream of mushroom soup by itself. It taste like cream of mushroom poop. OK, enough of the food talk. I will go on with one event that has happen last week.
Recently, my wife and I have been searching for a new home. We met with a realtor and we found a brand new home in our price range. We were both stoked and we filled out all the papers on the house. The house was perfect. It had wood floors, fireplace, nice yard, good location, brand new, and it had a garbage disposal (that is special to us because we haven't had one in 2 years.) Long story short, the house fell through because of finances. The mortgage company said we had it at first and then next couple days they say we don't. I learned a lot about mortgage stuff but I learned not to put all my eggs in one basket. So, currently my wife and I will be homeless June 27th. Yeah, we can rent for 3 months but we are trying not to because moving stinks.
Sorry, this might be boring for most of you at this point. The point is that I don't know if I am ready for all this adult stuff. They don't teach you about doing your taxes or taking out a mortgage in college. I thank God now for not getting the house because I believe there is a better place for both of us. That is just one event that is part of my casserole now. I have many others but this blog is to long. Stay tuned for more Casserole Conversations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes I wish I could go back to not being an adult. A great majority of adult stuff is trial and error. I have made a ton of mistakes but learned from them all. My husband and I will be house hunting soon after spending 25 years in the Air force.

jason said...

personally, i've always like tuna casserole. i'm not sure what that says about my life, though. just that my taste buds are odd.

Blake Anthony said...

Well, maybe you like tuna casserole because tuna is good for you and you yearn for that goodness which in your case is communication with God and the oddness of your taste buds is a sign of your creativity. I dunno? Thats the first thing I thought up. I think I am sounding like Miss Cleo. I'll stop now.