Friday, May 9, 2008

My Top 10 Reasons Why Disc Golf Is A Great Sport

I have been playing a lot of disc golf lately and I am actually getting better. I am no Nelson (sorry for those who don't know what that means) but I enjoy the game very much. Below, I listed my top 10 reason why I think you should try out disc golf. 

1. Cheap - I haven't played one course that cost anything
2. Relaxing- well, maybe to me at least
3. Low impact exercise- walk,walk,walk, and throw (who needs golf carts)
4. Being out in nature- sometimes you just have to climb trees to find your disc
5. Great activity to have good conversations
6. Competitive- Let's see who can throw the furthest 
7. Family activity- easy to bring kids along 
8. Helps you pick up chicks- slim chance 
9. You don't feel like a looser if you play by yourself 
10. Did I mention that its cheap


2 comments:

Mark Nelson said...

Keep hoping Blake...maybe someday you can be a 'nelson'...

Anonymous said...

Haha, nelson probably has no idea who i am, but he brought purdue campus house to my church camp each year and he and barry weaver were good friends. Anyway, he rocked at ultimate, so I can only imagine at disc golf.