Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Song set-list from Life Pointe Christian

Line-up from 6/1/2008:

"Not to Us" (remix) - Chris Tomlin
"Marvelous Light"- Charlie Hall
"Majesty" -Delirious

- teaching -

"Nothing but the Blood"- Matt Redman
Not to Us (reprise)

I am going to admit that I am copying a lot of people by posting my set-lists on my blog. It really does help me when I am planning services. Anyway, this past week I led worship at LifePointe Christian, a church plant, in Charlotte, NC. It was my first time working with the band and they were great. We started the service with Not to Us because it related to the teaching series, " The Big Give". This is not the Oprah, "Big Give" but the idea was borrowed. The cool thing about the worship set was I broke a guitar string at the beginning of Marvelous Light and of course it was the G string. By the way the G string is the most important string. I had to make up chords on the spot while maintaining my composer. Oh how I wish I could just lead from keyboard all the time but I just don't have it in me yet. Overall the services went well and people connected with God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, it was my first Sunday leading at Common Ground in Tampa and I broke my G string! Are you in Charlotte permanently now?? I love you brother...
Duane