Monday, September 8, 2008

Not just another worship set...

This Sunday at LifePointe was not just another worship set/gathering. It was a gathering that was filled with brokenness and a time where people yearned for God. There were many tears that were shed which I shared plenty of them from the stage. Yes, I cry. It was just a very emotional service. I didn't really plan it that way either. The spirit really moved in me and I usually don't say that but its true. God was breaking me down and maybe it was because I had time before the service to concentrate on leading Gods people in a time of communication. I prayed that I would become invisible and that happened. People saw passion and true worship through my own brokenness or I guess they did. Grown men were crying. A black man immediately after first service ran up to the stage and he was weeping like a baby. This guy was like 6'3 250 pounds of muscle too. I couldn't even get my arms around him when I hugged him. It was cool just seeing how God breaks people down and how He humbles us. I would say the songs had a lot to do with it. At LifePointe, we are starting a second campus and we have a lot questions about the building location and a person to lead that new campus. We are placing our faith and trust in God. I introduced the song " I will Hold On" it is by those Vineyard guys. It talked about trust and forgiveness. It's always emotional when forgiveness and trust is the topic.
We are not perfect and I think its good to understand that we all don't have it figured out as Christ followers.

The band sounded great. Sorry, no Mp3's yet.

Song set:

1. Beautiful One by Tim Hughes
2. I will Hold One by Vineyard
3. I will trust in You by Jeremy Camp
4. Give Us Clean Hands by Charlie Hall
5. Here I am to worship by Tim Hughes

Communion

6. Mystery by Charlie Hall (new song)

No comments: