Friday, December 21, 2007

My own 2 cents on 1 Peter 2:9

1 Peter 2:9, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light" (NIV).

1 Peter 2:9 reminds us that through Christ we are chosen! God sent His Son to light our darkness and fill the gaps in our hearts. Hold onto the truth that God sees you today and in His heart He's saying, "You're the one I want!"

This passage is very simple and my commentary is simple as well. I think passages like the one above remind us how much God loves us and I think I need that reminder sometimes. I know God loves me but just to read the words that were inspired by God is a pretty powerful thing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: