Thursday, June 26, 2008

281 miles later!!!


Well, Amber and I made it to Charlotte, NC. We are here to stay. The trip wasn't bad but the packing was horrible. I am going to be honest. I hate moving! It took almost 4 hours to pack a 26 foot truck and the sad thing is because I have so much crap. I am getting rid of a bunch of it. Oh, by the way if anyone is interested in a crock pot and a broken knee board- they are yours (free my friend). Anyway, overall the trip down was good. I felt very manly driving a diesel truck and I think I was just as tall as semi-truck drivers. It was pretty awesome because I could actually see what truck drivers did besides driving. I saw one guy eating a sub and watching the Little Mermaid. OK OK, I made that up but it would be pretty freakin hilarious. Back to the story! We are in Charlotte and we are loving it so far. I went to Area 15 in "uptown" Charlotte (not an alien site), it is one of those 24-7 prayer areas with art and pray stations. The LifePointe staff and I were invited by the director there. We had some cool conversations about being incarnational in the city of Charlotte and helping the poor. We came up with a lot of different ideas. The big challenge is to actually follow through with them. So, thats whats been going on the past couple days. So, whats up with you all.

3 comments:

bill said...

*tear...sniff, sniff...

Anonymous said...

blake, blake, blake...when will i see you again?

michaelCODY said...

So that's roughly... 4.5 hours?