Monday, June 23, 2008

6-22-08 set list

Pre-teaching songs:

1. You (Bigger than the air I breath) by Tim Hughes
2. You Said by Reuben Morgan/ Shane and Shane version
3. I Surrender All - traditional/ original arrangement

Post-teaching

4. Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman

This was my second week leading worship at LifePointe Christian Church. It went very well and I got to meet some more people. The band did an excellent job and I didn't break a string. I am getting used to leading from electric guitar but it went well. My original arrangement of I Surrender All went surprisingly well because it had a hip hop/R & B feel and that is a new musical genre that I am testing the waters. Those are probably not the best genres to describe the song but that's the first thing that came to mind. Maybe I will record it one day and one day you can hear it on the new Kanye West album. Or just on this blog.

Peace out!!!

2 comments:

michaelCODY said...

Hip Hop hymnal?

Anonymous said...

ya I hope I nvr hear u and that guy kanue west in the same sentence again. Hope all is well. I bet your doing wonderful. Keep the faith